Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whine and cheese

In lieu of wine intake, I'm going to output some whine: It's HOTTTTTTT in herrrre! (And no, I can't take off all my clothes. Talk about creating an uncomfortable work environment.)

Seriously, are the triple-digit heat indices necessary? My fingers and feet feel like hot sausages. My wedding ring stopped fitting two days ago. The seam on my socks leaves an indentation on my toes for hours after I take the socks off. The dreaded nausea keeps creeping back in (possibly a side effect of the antibiotic I'm on for a UTI, which of course hit over the weekend).

On the plus side, I got into urgent care quickly for the UTI. And I passed my three-hour glucose tolerance test. (I strongly encourage folks to do everything they can to pass the one-hour. The three-hour sucks like no other.) And Baby D seems no worse for my wear and tear.

So while I look like a junkie on steroids (get it: track marks + swelling?), I guess I have a few things to be thankful for. I'm just having trouble focusing on that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment