Saturday, June 12, 2010

As good as it gets?

Just a few days from the two-thirds mark, and I figure I better document now what is probably about as good as pregnancy is going to get for me.

Really, I can't complain too much. Yeah, it sucks that I can't stop peeing when all I really want to do is poop. And it sucks that I still can't stand to watch TV at night (it gives me headaches). But really, this is a pretty cool time. I'll probably jinx myself if I start listing all the pregnancy problems I'm not suffering from (yet?) ... so suffice to say I am feeling like I think a normal pregnant woman should. Nothing worse, nothing better. It feels good to be average :-)

Right now, as I type, I can watch my belly move up and down. Baby girl's just saying hello, I guess. My belly button is stretching out, which has created this weirdly sensitive soft spot. It's soft to the touch and tickles if I brush against anything (which happens frequently -- I swear, the bathroom stalls are shrinking!).

We have lots to do, and I keep thinking I should be taking advantage of my mobility to be more productive. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy a lazy Saturday with my feet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment