Thursday, January 7, 2010

What a girl wants

I'm fiending for a hot bath. With my new favorite Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint body wash (which makes one fabulous bubble bath).

My HCG beta test got rescheduled for tomorrow, due to blizzard-like conditions. And even though I had to haul my frozen ass to work, I told the doctor's office, of course, I'd be happy to reschedule, and save someone else from having to come to work. Anyway, I'm a tangled up knot of anxiety waiting for the results of a test I haven't even taken, and since I can't have a drink or a bath, I'm going to blog.

When I was young, I hated baths. Mostly because my parents wouldn't let me take showers. Yes, I grew up in one of those households where as many kids as possible were cycled through the same tub of water. I don't miss those days.

I rediscovered baths last year (because 2009 is officially so last year) as a wonderful relief for sore muscles. And then, when I fell in love with Eucalyptus Spearmint, I abandoned TV for the tub. For the two weeks leading up to the IUI, I was taking a bath almost daily to relax. I'd come home from work, eat dinner, and sit in the tub for two hours reading books like Maybe Baby, a fabulous collection of essays about negative, positive and ambivalent feelings toward reproduction, and Having a Baby When the Old-Fashioned Way Isn't Working, a sometimes humorous first-person narrative of Cindy Margolis' experience with infertility.

At least until I can ask a real doctor (just because the Internet says so, doesn't mean it's true, but that doesn't mean I haven't Googled "baths while pregnant," like, 100 times to try to find some source that says it's totally OK), I'm trying to avoid the tub.

I found this site, according to which I am carrying something most closely resembling a lentil, except smaller. Or "a donut with a line," according to Chris. Judge for yourself.

Anyway, I like lentil soup, but not a cooked lentil baby. And I'm ready for the results of that test, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment