Thursday, June 30, 2011

10 reasons to not get pregnant again

I used to think women who had children close in age were crazy. Until I had Miss M, in all of her perfect-ness, and immediately felt a desire for another. What could be better than Miss M? Two of her, of course!

Lately, that urge has become so strong, it's all I can think about. So in an effort to restore my sanity, here is a list of all the reasons I should NOT have another baby right now.

1) Poop. Let's just say it's nice to be regular again.

2) Bridesmaid dresses. One of my dearest friends has asked me to stand up with her next fall, and it would be nice to fit into a normal-sized dress. (Because her wedding is all about me, of course.)

3) Fun with friends. It would be more fun if I was neither nursing nor pregnant for any of the four weddings being planned for next year. And I could throw myself one helluva 30th birthday bash. (Who cares if it's two years late!)

4) Sex. It's nice to want it again. I'm sure my husband agrees.

5) My dear Miss M. I want to treasure every moment with her. A new baby would be a distraction.

6) Morning sickness. Momnesia has successfully dulled my memory of this, but blog entries attest to what was apparently a miserable first half of my pregnancy.

7) Pregnancy brain.

8) Waking up six times a night to pee.

9) My already aching back.

10) Post-partum recovery.

What am I forgetting?

No comments:

Post a Comment