Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pathetic

"Who needs sleep?" So asks the Barenaked Ladies in one of my favorite albums ever. As I sit here listining to the birds rise, that song keeps playing in my head. Miss M woke me up a quarter after 3, and I haven't been back to sleep. It's not her fault -- she nursed like a champ and went right back down. But my brain is racing with incoherent thoughts. I've got so much on my mind, one thought is interrupted by the next. It's making it very difficult to write. I guess that's partly why I've been so terrible about updating this blog. Work is a huge brain drain. Miss M is an emotional one. I adore her so much. By the end of the day, I've got nothing left. All the clever little thoughts and heartwarming observations I wanted to record are gone. My brain is a sieve.

A few thoughts that have not yet escaped:

On mobility: Miss M finally started rolling over right before Easter. (Was that a week ago? Or two weeks?) She started going from her back to belly, rolling to her left. Then she figured out how to reverse that roll. She also spins on her belly now, but that's about all. I'm grateful -- not ready for her to "travel" on her own yet!

On baby's first turd: It was shocking and funny at the same time. Chris mostly changes her diapers. Since she was born, it was something he volunteered to do, and what mom would complain about that? He was worried something was wrong. I might have been concerned if someone hadn't already posted about this on my WTE board. I love the September 2010 mommies!

On teeth: How could I forget about these? Miss M has two on the bottom. First the right, then the left. I fear she may be working on top ones now. Last night she woke up twice, which was the pattern for the first two. Of course, the night before, she slept all the way through, which was a wonderful birthday present.

On travel: Yes, we're getting ready to take a B.I.G. trip. This is keeping me awake. I know it will be wonderful and exciting and a once-in-a-lifetime experience for our non-jetsetting little family. But today, I feel nervous and unprepared. We are going to be that family you see on the plane and think, "Please don't sit by me." Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment