Thursday, October 7, 2010

A new chapter

Miss M is nearly four weeks old, and it's amazing how much she's changed. Or, really, how much I've changed. My "old" life seems so far away, and surprisingly, I don't miss it. My days have been hijacked by the eating and sleeping schedule (or lack thereof) of an eight-pound infant. Since Chris went back to work this week, it's a major victory if I find time to poop and shower. But I'm figuring it out, and feeling proud when I master these small things. Last night, I even managed to make a trip to Target, baby in tow. It was my first time behind the wheel since before she was born. I felt so accomplished!

It's such a change from my professional persona, who measures accomplishments by awards, dollars and cents, and satisfied clients. "On time and under budget," as my boss says.

Who is this new woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment